May 28, 2017 8:25 am Last modified: 9:57 am

Community

Department of Human Services Offers Summer Camp Subsidies

The Office of Childcare and Regulatory Services has funds available to defray the cost associated with the fees for summer camp.
Read More

Urban & Community Forestry Council to Hold Native Trees and Flowers Fair

The U.S. Virgin Islands Urban & Community Forestry Council Inc. will host the first St. Thomas-St. John V.I. Native Trees and Flowers Fair on June 10.
Read More

Kym Rapier Donates $60,000 Gift to St. Thomas Swimming Association

When Kym Rapier moved to St. Thomas 18 months ago, she knew she wanted to make a difference here as she has in each of the communities in which she’s lived.
Read More

Gifft Hill to Hold Graduation Ceremony in June for Class of 2017

Gifft Hill School will hold a graduation ceremony for the Class of 2017 at 5 p.m., Friday, June 16, on Trayser Field, Upper Campus.
Read More

Beach Advisory for May 15-19

DPNR performed water quality analysis at 35 designated beaches throughout the territory during the week of May 15-19. The following beaches meet water quality standards and are safe for swimming or fishing:
Read More

CFVI Accepting Applications for NatureTech.Solutions Prize for Technical Innovation

Supported by the Potter Fund for NatureTech Solutions at CFVI, the prize will be awarded to projects that have been built to increase the effectiveness of natural or cultural resource management in the Eastern Caribbean.
Read More

Caribbean Association of Fire Chiefs to Hold Conference on St. Thomas

The conference will be held from May 22-26 at Sugar Bay Resort and Spa on St. Thomas.
Read More

American Legions of the V.I. to Host 48th District Convention

On May 20, Legionnaires from all posts in the territory will assemble to discuss issues affecting V.I. veterans and to prepare an agenda for the next convention in Puerto Rico.
Read More

Applications for $10,000 Viya Scholarships Now Available

CEO Alvaro Pilar has announced Viya Scholarships for graduating high school seniors in the territory.
Read More

UVI to Hold 2017 CLEP Exams in June, July

CLEP is a computer-based exam taken by college students with previous knowledge of the subject matter; it is taken in lieu of college courses.
Read More