April 23, 2017 4:03 am Last modified: 9:15 pm

Community

UVI Center for Marine and Environmental Science Assumes Responsibility for Coral Nurseries

The Center for Marine and Environmental Science (CMES) at UVI has assumed responsibility for the two branching coral nurseries on St. Thomas.
Read More

Science Café to Host Talk on Bioluminescence Tuesday, April 25

There are no fireflies here in the Virgin Islands, but there is the incredible Salt River Bioluminescent Bay on St. Croix.
Read More

Earth Day Science Event to Teach Gardening of Coral Trees

Join researchers on Earth Day, April 22, at UVI’s Center for Marine and Environmental Studies to learn about coral gardening and help build a “coral tree.”
Read More

A Science Cafe Event About Corals Set for April 20 at Iggies

Join UVI Master of Marine and Environmental Science graduate students for an evening of “Corals & Cocktails” on Thursday, April 20, at Iggies Beach Bar.
Read More

UVI Celebrates ‘University Pride’ Throughout April

During April, UVI alumni, students, faculty and staff will be showcasing their Buccaneer spirit with events in the territory, on campus and online.
Read More

Annual Sun Stroke All V.I. Hoop Classic to Highlight Best H.S. Players

This tournament has been successfully used to showcase the best high school basketball players in the U.S. and British Virgin Islands since its inception.
Read More

USVI Earth Day March and Celebration Planned for April 22

The Virgin Islands Conservation Society invites the community to participate in a USVI Earth Day March and Celebration to be held on St. Thomas and St. Croix from 9 a.m. to noon, on Saturday.
Read More

14th Annual Beach-to-Beach Power Swim Set for May 28

This year’s event will be the largest ever, with 350 competitors. Hosted by Friends of V.I. National Park, it will raise money for preservation, conservation and education programs.
Read More

WICO Names Clifford F. Graham to Be New CEO

West Indian Company Ltd. has announced that Clifford F. Graham will assume the position of president and CEO on Monday, May 1.
Read More

Alfred Heath Lecture Series Panel to Examine V.I. History and Families

“In the spirit of the Alfred Heath Lecture Series and in the essence of the Centennial Celebration, we are highlighting notable Virgin Islands families and their history.”
Read More