March 24, 2017 12:13 am Last modified: 12:06 am

Community

Award for Environmental Leadership in Caribbean Given to Tadzio Bervoets

The Advisory Committee of the Euan McFarlane Environmental Leadership Award of CFVI has announced its selection of Tadzio Bervoets in recognition of his important work as a dedicated and passionate Caribbean conservationist.
Read More

VING to Conduct Symposiums on Officer Career Opportunities

The Virgin Islands National Guard (VING) will conduct two symposiums throughout the territory to share information on careers for military officers.
Read More

UVI Astronomers Granted Access to World’s Largest Telescopes

The National Optical Astronomy Observatory granted astronomers at the University of the Virgin Islands access to two of the world’s largest telescopes in Chile and Hawaii.
Read More

India Association of the V.I. Elects Board of Directors, Leadership

The India Association of the Virgin Islands held its annual general body meeting on Friday, Feb. 17, and elected officers and a board of directors for 2017.
Read More

H.S. Students to Compete in National Poetry Recitation Contest

The poetry recitation event encourages high school students to learn about great poetry through memorization, performance and competition. Poetry Out Loud is a national competition, and the Territorial Finals are scheduled for March 11.
Read More

CAHS and Danish Students Collaborate on Centennial Project

For the last six months, AP English Language and Composition students at Charlotte Amalie High School have been hard at work on a collaborative research project with high school students in Denmark that shed light on an aspect of V.I. history they knew little about.
Read More

Beach Advisory for February 20-24

The Department of Planning and Natural Resources (DPNR) announces that the Beach Water Quality Monitoring Program, which evaluates weekly water quality at popular swimming beaches throughout the territory by sampling for enterococci bacteria and turbidity, advises the public of the fo
Read More

UVI’s Afternoon on the Green 2017: A Centennial Celebration of Delicacies

The Herman E. Moore Golf Course at the University of the Virgin Islands will be abuzz with food, fun and fellowship on March 19, as the community gathers for the 28th annual Afternoon on the Green
Read More

UVI Board of Trustees to Meet on March 4

The University of the Virgin Islands Board of Trustees will meet at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 4, in the Great Hall on the Albert A. Sheen Campus on St. Croix.
Read More

Students Get a Taste of Broadway in ‘My Plate’ Production

Some 250 students in schools on St. Thomas-St. John recently danced their way to good health in the hit stage production "My Plate! The New Food Guide Musical" that promotes healthy nutrition and exercise at schools across the country.
Read More