VI SCHOOLS RECEIVES TELECOMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT GRANT

The Grant Award of $2,002,000.00, was announced by Mario Golden, acting commissioner of the Department of Education.
The award is for all public schools and libraries territory-wide.
Under the federal program, V.I. public schools qualified for 88% of the funds required to develop telecommunications infrastructure and to provide internet access to schools and libraries. The remaining 12% must come from the Department of Education.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Support the VI Source

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall - we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. Our sites are more popular than ever, but advertising revenues are falling - so you can see why we could use your help. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. If everybody who appreciates our reporting efforts were to help fund it for as little as $1, our future would be much more secure. Thanks in advance for your support!