Which statement does not belong with the others?
1. 55-year-old man dies from injuries due to Friday night assault.
2. Tourist dies from knifing.
3. Polar bears coming to St. Thomas with circus, viewed as cruel treatment.
4. Boy, 6 months, dead from continual abuse.
5. Woman is intentionally doused with gasoline and severely burned by ex-boyfriend.
6. Two men dead in drive-by shooting.
7. Girl, 6, is raped and killed.
Give me a break. Since when did the poor polar bears' plight become more important than your husbands', wives', neighbors', and children's lives? The energy and passion which has been displayed trying to keep the bears cool could be used instead to keep the people safe. This boggles the mind and is truly a shame.
Eric K. Roeske
We welcome and encourage readers to keep the dialogue going by responding to Source commentary. Letters should be e-mailed with name and place of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher's note : Like the St. Croix Source now? Find out how you can love us twice as much — and show your support for the islands' free and independent news voice … click here.
PERSPECTIVE NEEDED ON MURDER AND POLAR BEARS
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.
Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands
Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.