June 4, 2005 — Deputy Police Chief Herminio Velazquez of the V.I. Police Department wishes to advise the motoring and general public of the following parking restrictions and street closures scheduled for the 21st Annual Women's Race to be held on Sunday, June 5. Effective Sunday, from noon until the race's completion, parking restrictions will be in effect for:
- King Street
- Company Street
- Market Street — between King and Company streets
- Church Street — between King and Company streets
Any vehicle found parked in the prohibited areas will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense. Owners or drivers finding that their vehicle has been towed should contact the Anselmo Marshall Command at Bassin Triangle at 773-2530.
The race's course runs out of Christiansted Town, east to Canegata Ball Park and then back through town. The following roads will be closed to vehicular traffic during the race and will be reopened once it is deemed safe for vehicular traffic to proceed:
- King Street — from Smith Street to Hospital Street
- Hospital Street — from King Street to Canegata Ball Park
- Company Street — from Market to Hospital Street
- Market Street — from Company to King Street
The cooperation of the motoring public is being requested in this regard, and we regret any inconveniences caused by the street closures.