Aug. 10, 2006 – Orientation and registration for new and transfer students attending the University of the Virgin Islands will be held from Aug. 12-16 on the St. Thomas and St. Croix campuses. All newly matriculated students are required to participate in orientation. The process is designed to enhance students' academic and social adjustment to college life. There will be activities to acquaint students with rules and regulations of the university, to allow students to explore the campuses and for students to network among themselves. Students will also meet faculty advisors to develop their class schedules and register for classes.
Orientation includes dormitory check-in, placement testing, class registration, island tours and social events. Students will be officially welcomed by UVI administrators. There will also be activities for the parents of new students.
Fall semester classes begin on Thursday, Aug. 17, on both campuses. See below for new and transfer student advisement, registration and placement tests schedules. For a complete orientation schedule visit the UVI website at www.uvi.edu
St. Croix Campus Orientation
· English Placement Exam – 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Monday, Aug. 14, EC 300 level
· Mathematics Placement Exam – 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Monday, Aug. 14, EC 300 level
· National Student Exchange Orientation – 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Tuesday Aug. 15, Residence Hall Conference Room
· Registration Overview – 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Tuesday, Aug. 15, Cafetorium
· Newly Matriculated Students Registration – 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Tuesday, Aug, 15, EC 300 level
· Non-matriculated Student Registration – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Wednesday, Aug. 16, EC 300
For more information about advisement and registration on the St. Croix campus, call the Office of Academic Services at 692-4158.