Principal Dahlia Adams of the Virgin Islands Career & Technical Institute at the Raphael Wheatley Skill Center advises interested persons of its registration period for the GED and vocational program schedule for the fall semester. The schedule is as follows:
Vocational and GED Courses – Day Program
Wednesday, August 18: Registration is 9 a.m.to 2 p.m.
Wednesday, September 1: Classes begin
Friday, September 10: Last day to register for Phlebotomy, Medical Administrative Assistance, Clinical Medical and Personal Care Services
Friday, September 17: Last day to register for Culinary Arts, Architectural Drafting and Computer Applications.
Wednesday, September 22: Last day to register for Carpentry and Auto Mechanics
Course fees: Phlebotomy $300; Architectural Drafting $250; Medical Administrative $300; Carpentry $250:
Clinical Medical $300; Auto Mechanics $250; Personal Care Services $250; Computer Applications $250; Culinary Arts $250; GED $100
Wednesday, August 25: Registration is 9 a.m.to 2 p.m.
Monday, September 13: Classes begin
Course fees: Phlebotomy $300; Computer Applications $250; Clinical Medical $300; GED $100; Personal Care Services $250
Principal Adams asks the public to take note of the following:
· All fees are payable upon registration by bank draft or money order only. Please make payable to the Government of the Virgin Islands.
· Copy of insurance card indicating overage or $15 fee. No MAP cards will be accepted.
· Current photo ID
· Copy of H.S. diploma, GED, or verification of, for all vocational programs except Carpentry and Auto Mechanics
· No admittance to class unless all of the above requirements have been met
· All prospective GED students must be tested before enrollment. You will be given a testing date at registration.
· If you have already taken the Pre-GED test and/or some sections of the GED test, please bring your scores with you when registering.
· Requirements – Complete physical within 30 days of enrollment or a current copy thereof; up to date with Immunizations – MMR, TB, Tetanus, and HEP B series. Must be completed by the end of the first semester.
Interested persons may sign up at the Departments of Labor or Human Services for assistance, or register at the Institute beginning Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.