Unity helps us work and live together peacefully. We feel connected with each other and all living things. We value the specialness of each person as a gift, not as a reason to fight or be scared. With unity we accomplish more together than any one of us could do alone.
You are practicing unity when you…
– Treat all people as members of one human family,
– See the gifts in differences,
– Refuse to join in when others express prejudice,
– Solve conflict through listening and finding solutions,
– Care for the earth and all living things, and
– Act like a peacemaker wherever you go.
I practice unity with others. The joy of one is the joy of all. The hurt of one is the hurt of all. The honor of one is the honor of all.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.