Head Start, Day Care Centers, Kindergarten Schedule Registrations for School Year 2017-2018
Location: Sugar Estate Head Start from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Feb. 8, 2017 – Knud Hansen I
· Feb. 8, 2017 – Knud Hansen II
· Feb. 8, 2017 – Lindbergh Bay Head Start
· Feb. 13, 2017 – Sugar Estate Head Start I
· Feb. 13, 2017 – Sugar Estate Head Start II
· Feb. 13, 2017 – Sugar Estate Head Start III
· Feb. 13, 2017 – Sugar Estate Head Start IV
· Feb. 14, 2017 – Minetta Mitchell I
· Feb. 14, 2017 – Minetta Mitchell II
· Feb. 14, 2017 – Minetta Mitchell III
· Feb. 15, 2017 – Minetta Mitchell IV
· Feb. 15, 2017 – Minetta Mitchell V
· Feb. 15, 2017 – Savan Head Start
Location: Curriculum Center from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Feb. 6, 2017 – Wilhelm George I
· Feb. 6, 2017 – Wilhelm George II
· Feb. 7, 2017 – Wilhelm George III
· Feb. 7, 2017 – Wilhelm George IV
· Feb. 7, 2017 – Bovoni Head Start
Make-Up Day: Feb. 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Curriculum Center
Only Pre-Schools, Day Care Centers and Children who are not in Head Start or Day Care Centers:
Location: Curriculum Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 4, 11, 18 and 25
Registration for Cruz Bay Head Start
Location: Julius E. Sprauve School from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on March 1 and March 22
All children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before Dec. 31 of the same year registering to enter kindergarten.
***Students must be present during registration and accompanied by biological parent/legal guardian***
Kindergarten Registration Requirements
o Passport (foreign or American), Resident Card or Naturalization Certificate;
o Original Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate;
o V.I. Immunization Card or Current Certified Exemption Letter from the Department of Health
o Health Clearance Form: It must be obtained from one of the Department of Health Clinics, which are: East-End Clinic (Green-Slip), Roy Lester Schneider Hospital and the DeCastro Building (Blue Slip).
o Proof of Physical Address: A recent WAPA bill, license or receipt showing name and current physical address of parent/guardian.
* Living with Family or Friend: A notarized Residency Affidavit and proof of address from the owner or tenant is required when the parent/guardian and student reside with a family member or friend. (Residency Affidavits are available upon request.)
* Resident without Rent Receipt or Lease Agreement: A notarized Landlord Affidavit and proof of address from the owner of the property (or the person authorized to lease the property on behalf of the owner) is needed when the parent/guardian is renting a home but is unable to obtain a rent receipt to prove occupancy of a residence. (Landlord Affidavits are available upon request.)
– Valid Photo ID: Identification (examples: license, passport, etc.) is required for person registering student;
– Proof of Guardianship/Power of Attorney (If child is not living with one or both biological parents);
– Individualized Education Plan (IEP): Required for students receiving Special Education Services or 504 Plan and evaluation data if applicable.
For more information on registering a child for public school, contact Carmen Parsons or Coleen Smith in the St. Thomas-St. John District Registration Office at 775-2250, ext. 8524.