Friendliness is being a friend, through good times and bad. You take an interest in other people and make them feel welcome. You share your belongings, your time, and yourself.
Friendliness is the best cure for loneliness.
You are practicing friendliness when you:
– Like yourself and know you have a lot to offer,
– Smile and greet people courteously,
– Get to know people and let them get to know you,
– Show caring when a friend needs you,
– Are friendly to people who look and act differently, and
– Make someone new feel welcome.
I am friendly. I show an interest in others by being warm and courteous. I am a loyal friend. My friendship is a worthy gift.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.