When you are tempted to be cruel, to criticize or tease, decide to be kind instead.
You are practicing kindness when you:
– Give tender attention to those who need help,
– Do thoughtful things to give others happiness,
– Practice habits that help the environment,
– Resist the temptation to be cruel, and
– Accept people who are different.
I am kind. I show compassion to others. I have the courage to show I care.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.