83.7 F
Cruz Bay
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Tue July 23, 2019 9:27 PM
Home Community Page 83

Community

V.I. National Park Service to Hold 26th Folklife Festival

Virgin Islands National Park will commemorate Black History Month with its Folklife Festival 2017. The annual festival will be celebrated Feb. 23 and Feb. 24, at the Annaberg Sugar Plantation ruins, St. John.

Teams to Compete in CHS Varsity Basketball Tournament

The Virgin Islands’ top men and women will compete in the St. Croix Central High School (CHS) Varsity Basketball Tournament on Feb. 16 - 19.

DOE Special Education to Conduct Parental Survey Territory-wide

Renee Charleswell, Ph.D., director of the State Office of Special Education, informs parents and guardians of children with disabilities, between the ages of three through 21, of the Annual Parental Survey to be conducted territory–wide beginning Feb. 21.

V.I. Board of Education to Hold Regular Board Meeting

The Virgin Islands Board of Education Governing Board will convene in a regular board meeting from 3:30-7 p.m. Feb. 17, in the VIBE office...

The Caribbean Writer Seeks Submissions for Next Volume

The Caribbean Writer has announced its call for submissions for Volume 32. It is seeking works that explore the many variations of the theme:...

CAHS to Distribute Report Cards Tuesday, Feb. 14

Report cards will be distributed to Charlotte Amalie High School students at the end of the school day on Tuesday, Feb. 14.

Innovative-UVI Scholarship Applications Available

Innovative has announced that applications for the 2017 Innovative-UVI Scholarships are available at UVI’s campuses in each district.

‘My Plate! The New Food Guide Musical!’ to Come to 3 District Schools

The Department of Education invites the community to enjoy three nights of special performances of “My Plate! The New Food Guide Musical!”

Beach Advisory for February 6-10

The Department of Planning and Natural Resources announces the results the Beach Water Quality Monitoring Program, which evaluates weekly water quality at swimming beaches throughout the territory.

Special Education Federal Grant Application Available for Review

The State Office of Special Education (SOSE) informs the public that copies of the 2017 IDEA Part B Federal Grant Application are available for public review in both school districts over the next 60 days.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

4,671FansLike
3,137FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more