82.9 F
Cruz Bay
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Wed September 19, 2018 8:00 AM
Home Community Page 84

Community

National Commander of American Legion to Visit Legionnaires, Veterans

American Legion National Commander Dale Barnett will be visiting the American Legion Tenth District on St. Croix on Jan. 14 and 15. He will be meeting with Legionnaires from all posts within the Virgin Islands at the Myron G. Danielson American Legion Post No. 85 headquarters in Christiansted.

Beach Advisory for January 4-8

The Department of Planning and Natural Resources (DPNR) announces that the Beach Water Quality Monitoring Program, which evaluates weekly water quality at popular swimming beaches throughout the territory by sampling for Enterococci Bacteria and Turbidity, which is a measure of water clarity, advises the public of the following:

Climate Matter Workshop Set for Jan. 12, 13 at UVI

Climate Matters Workshop is a two-day interactive workshop and discussion on how climate change affects the Virgin Islands. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 12 and 13, at the University of the Virgin Islands Administration and Conference Center.

What the V.I. Education System Could Be

Michael Bornn gives an overview of the teaching programs of two of the world’s most successful educational systems. He uses their very different approaches to alert Virgin Islanders it is time to retool their own system.

Caribbean Reservations Inc. Donates $5,000 to Red Cross V.I.

Caribbean Reservations Inc. selected the American Red Cross (ARC) of the Virgin Islands as a recipient of its donation to nonprofit organizations, due to the extensive work conducted by the Red Cross volunteers in the community with their disaster preparedness programs: Home Fire Campaign and the Pillowcase Project.

Santiago de Cuba Invites V.I. Genealogists to Bring Cultural Delegation in 2016

Ron Harrigan, Ed. D., president of the Virgin Islands Genealogical Society (VIGS), has announced that the government of Santiago de Cuba has extended an invitation to the V.I. to participate in the 2016 Carnaval festivities.

Pauline Louise Thomas Turns 100

On Oct. 3, surrounded by family and friends, Pauline Louise Thomas celebrated her 100th birthday at the Bethany Moravian Church on St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Camile D. Davenport Dies

Camile Davenport’s life came to an untimely end on Oct. 11, while visiting the island of Culebrita, Puerto Rico.

Hall to Receive Thurgood Marshall Educational Leadership Award

University of the Virgin Islands President David Hall will be honored with the Thurgood Marshall College Fund’s (TMCF) Educational Leadership Award. He will be presented with the award at a gala in Washington, D.C., in November.

Coral Bay Community Council Hires Executive Director

The Coral Bay Community Council (CBCC) has announced the hiring of its first full-time executive director, Lauren T. Hunter, Ph.D.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

4,671FansLike
3,137FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Load more