At V.I. Source.com we take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our members we want to help you understand the kinds of information V.I.Source.com collects from users of this Site (V.I. Source.com) and how that information is collected. We also want you to understand how we use the information and under which circumstances we disclose information to third parties.
We require certain information for our internal purposes; we use this information to communicate with you and provide the services you have requested, and to provide a more personalized experience on our Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. All of our members’ personally identifiable information is restricted. Only administrative employees are granted access to this information. We will do everything we can to ensure that personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to or unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties, but understand absolute security does not exist on the Internet.
In order to use the V.I. Source.com website fully you must become a member. When becoming a member we gather some personal information, for example: full name and email address.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FOR PERSONS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
V.I. Source operates its site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA was enacted to prevent Web sites from giving or receiving information from children without their parents’ consent. Therefore, we do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. You can learn more about COPPA at the Federal Trade Commission website (http://www.ftc.gov/coppa/index.html).
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
Your email address is used to send you a confirmation email to use our Site, to send you messages from other members if you choose, to send you newsletters if you choose, as well as occasional emails from V.I. Source.com relative to issues affecting your use of the site/s. User ID and passwords (you may change your password, as well as any personally identifiable information you have given us in order to keep this information current) help us securely identify you as a registered or permitted member of certain features and functions on the Site. For our internal purposes, we may gather information such as the date, time, browser type, navigation history, and IP address of all visitors to our Site. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base for aggregate use.
HOW COOKIES ARE USED
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IN PUBLIC FORUMS
Some online activities necessarily lead to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to third parties, such as when you include your name and email address in an email to a third party. Remember, any information you provide in public forums is not confidential and we will not remind you of that fact, so please keep this in mind if you’re going to use these parts of our sites. Your choice to disclose personally identifiable information in such cases is up to you.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
· When we have your consent to do so;
· When we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases, for example, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property; or if you threaten the rights, property or safety of V.I. Source.com, its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party; or if we believe your actions violate any law, regulation, or features or functions of our Site. In the event of a complaint, we may also receive and collect personally identifiable information about you from other users or third parties who may communicate information to us about you in relation to such a complaint; or when in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or in the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
Some of the aggregate member data we collect may be shared with advertising companies in order to enhance and improve the operation and relevance of the Site, but we do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship.
Remember it is always possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
This site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and we advise you to check their privacy policies. Please be careful when you leave our Site and make sure you read the privacy statements of the websites that you link to. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this websites.
If you wish to learn more about V.I. Source.com’s privacy policies please contact email@example.com. You may also call us at 340-777-8144, or write us at: Privacy Policies, V.I. Source.com, P.O. Box 505, St. Thomas, VI 00804.
We do our best to keep V.I. Source safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help in order to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any other users.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, libelous or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will refrain from using profanity in forums and comments.
- You will refrain from making disparaging, cruel or untrue remarks about any persons or organizations.
- You will not use V.I. Source to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.