Pursuant to Virgin Islands law, the last day to register to vote for the Primary Election, scheduled for Aug. 4, 2018, is Thursday, July 5, 2018. The Elections System offices in the St. Croix and St. Thomas-St. John district will have extended voter registration hours to accommodate anyone that has not registered or electors that need to make changes to their address or party affiliation.
The extended voter registration hours for the St. Croix and St. Thomas offices are as follows:
Saturday, June 30, 2018 – 9 a.m. to Noon
Sunday, July 1, 2018 – Noon to 3 p.m.
Monday, July 2, 2018 — 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 — Noon to 3 p.m.
Thursday, July 5, 2018 — 8:30 a.m. –8 p.m.
The extended voter registration hours for St. John are:
Saturday, June 30, 2018 — 9 a.m. to Noon
Monday, July 2, 2018 — 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, July 5, 2018 — 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Prospective voters are asked to utilize these extended hours to register to vote if they are unable to register during the normal hours. Electors will also be able to change their address or party affiliation during these extended hours.
Come prepared with the required documents to register to vote. Requirements to be a registered voter in the Virgin Islands
1) Must be a citizen of the United States
2) Must be 18 years of age or turn 18 before the next election
3) Must meet the residency requirement
4) Must be residing in the territory at least 90 days before a primary or general election
5) Must be residing in the election district at least 90 days
6) Not be a convicted felon who has not been discharged or pardoned
7) Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction
8) Not be registered elsewhere – in any other state or territory of the United States or in any foreign country or any other elections district
The following is the listing of documents necessary to register to vote.
Birth certificate or
Passport (United States) or
Baptismal Certificate (provided it has place, date of birth) or
Naturalization Certificate or
DD214 (Military Discharge form) or
The last four digits of Social Security Number
**Original documents. Copies will not be accepted.
For more information, contact the Election System Office at St. Croix at 773-1021 or St. Thomas/St.John at 774-3107.