The Virgin Islands Department of Human Services (DHS) announced today that it has re-opened the Mars Hill (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) SNAP Issuance Unit as of Wednesday, March 10, for in-person services after being shut down to protect both staff and clients when they activated their COVID-19 mitigation protocols to address a confirmed COVID-19 case among staff.
DHS staff is continually encouraged to continue to maintain Center for Disease Control (CDC) best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask (covering your nose and mouth while in the workplace)
- Maintain social distance
- Wash hands with soap for 20 seconds, often
- Wear appropriate other PPE while in contact with other staff or clients
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percemt alcohol when you cannot wash hands
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces
- Share facts not rumors
- Contact your manager, supervisor or administrator if you do not have access to appropriate PPE while at work
The Department of Human Services remains committed in these trying times to serving on the front lines to care daily for members of the community.
For more information on COVID-19, the new strain of coronavirus, visit the USVI Department of Health’s website: www.doh.vi.gov/coronavirus or text COVID19USVI to 888777. #COVID19USVI