79.6 F
Cruz Bay
Monday, May 27, 2024
HomeNewsArchivesUVI Bulletin Board

UVI Bulletin Board

Online Registration for UVI's Spring Semester Extended Through Jan. 9
The University of the Virgin Islands has extended online registration through Jan. 9, 2006, for continuing students enrolling in spring semester classes. The payment deadline for continuing students has also been extended through Jan. 9. (See below.) Registration for new students is scheduled for Jan. 10, with late registration to be offered on Jan. 11 and 12. Spring classes will begin on Jan. 12, 2006.
UVI Offers Payment Plan for Spring Semester Tuition and Fees
Beginning Jan. 9, 2006, the University of the Virgin Islands will allow students the opportunity to pay tuition and fees in installments. The new payment plan service was developed in response to UVI student requests for additional tuition payment options. To take advantage of the new plan, students must enroll for six or more credit hours and they must pay 25 percent of total tuition and fees upon registration. The remaining 75 percent will be paid in three installments, with the first installment due on Feb. 5, 2006. For more information, call UVI Business Offices: on St. Croix at 692-4199 or on St. Thomas at 693-1143. UVI Business Offices on both campuses will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Jan. 5 and from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Jan. 9. Students who pay in full or those who join the new Payment Plan by Jan. 9 will avoid the $75 late registration fee.
Online Links to Spring Semester Information and Registration
Spring 2006 class schedules and detailed enrollment information are available on the UVI web site – www.uvi.edu.
Direct link to: UVI Online Registration.
Direct link to: UVI Class Schedules.
End-of-Year Recess Scheduled Dec. 23, 2005 through Jan. 4, 2006
The administrative, end-of-year holiday recess for UVI employees is as follows: Closed Friday, Dec. 23, 2005, through Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2006. UVI will reopen on Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006.
UVI Strategic Directions Newsletter Now Available Online
The December edition of UVI Strategic Directions, a newsletter covering UVI's ongoing efforts at strategic planning, is now available from the UVI web site – www.uvi.edu – or from this direct link: UVI Strategic Directions (PDF file). The newsletter includes a review of Strategic Plan 2000-2005 and an overview of Vision 2012, the strategic plan designed to lead the institution to its 50th anniversary in 2012. Vision 2012 is described as a collaborative effort that outlines goals, objectives and priorities designed to make UVI an exceptional U.S. institution of higher learning in the Caribbean.
Purchasing Department Announces Holiday Hours
The UVI Purchasing Department located in the Physical Plant Building on the St Thomas campus will be open during the holiday recess for the distribution of express and regular mail packages on the following days:
— Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2005 — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
— Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005 — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
— Thursday, Dec. 29, 2005 — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
— Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2006 — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
St. Thomas Campus Mail Room Announces Holiday Hours
The UVI mail room, located in the Student Activities Center, St. Thomas campus, will be open during the holiday recess on the following days:
— Tuesday, Dec. 27, 2005 — 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
— Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005 — 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
— Friday, Dec. 30, 2005 — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
— Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2006 — 11 to 4 p.m.
UVI's Upward Bound Program Slates Caribbean Cruise for Aug. 20-27
The Upward Bound Program at the University of the Virgin Islands has announced it will sponsor the Upward Bound Alumni, Family and Friends Fortieth Anniversary Caribbean Cruise from Aug. 20 through 27, 2006. Cruise ports-of-call will include San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba. Space may be reserved for $75 per person. Payment plans are available and there is an option for boarding in St. Thomas. To reserve a space, call Debby Hodge at Southerland Tours/American Express at 340-773-9500 or send a fax to 340-773-8307. Toll free call 1-800-260-2603 or sent email to aiminc79@usa.net. For more information, call the Upward Bound Office at 340-692-4182 or 693-1130.
For more about the University of the Virgin Islands, visit the Web site: www.uvi.edu.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Keeping our community informed is our top priority.
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.

Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.