We show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. We treat others with dignity and honor the rules of family, school and nation. Respect yourself, and others will respect you.
You are practicing respect when you:
• Speak courteously to everyone,
• Take special care of the belongings of others,
• Are receptive to the wisdom of elders,
• Honor the rules of your family, school and nation,
• Expect respect for your body and your rights, and
• Treat others with dignity.
I am respectful. I honor the wisdom of elders. I treat others and myself as we deserve to be treated.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education. One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.
Further information can be found here.