Governor-elect Kenneth Mapp and his lieutenant governor, Osbert Potter, will take the oath of office in Emancipation Garden at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 5, 2015, according to the Mapp inaugural committee. Former V.I. first lady Luz Luis, the chairwoman of the inaugural committee, announced the full schedule of ceremonies, luncheons and balls on Monday.
Most events are open to the public, with the exception of the luncheons and inaugural ball, according to the committee’s announcement. To find out more or buy tickets, call 779-MAPP. For updates on the events, go to www.mapppottertransition.com.
– noon – ecumenical service at Christchurch Methodist;
– 10:30 a.m. – inaugural ceremony at Emancipation Garden;
– 11:30 a.m. – parade on the waterfront;
– 1 to 3 p.m. – inaugural luncheon, location not given;
– 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. – open house reception at Government House;
– 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. – inaugural balls at Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort and Sugar Bay Plantation Resort.
– 9 a.m. – inaugural service at Miracle Revival Tabernacle Church Beeston Hill;
– 11 a.m. – military parade Frederiksted;
– noon – a post-inaugural ceremony at Bandstand, Buddhoe Park Frederiksted;
– 1 p.m. – luncheon for dignitaries, location not given;
– 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. – open house reception at Government House in Christiansted;
– 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. – inaugural balls at Divi Carina Bay Resort, The Buccaneer Hotel and St. George Botanical Gardens.
– 11 a.m. – ecumenical service at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Cruz Bay;
– 12:30 p.m. – post-inaugural program in Frank Powell Park, Cruz Bay;
– 1:30 p.m. – dignitaries luncheon at the Waterfront Bistro in Cruz Bay;
– 2 to 4 p.m. – public reception at The Battery (Government House) Cruz Bay;
– 7 to 11 p.m. – inaugural ball at Westin Resort, Great Cruz Bay.