85 F
Cruz Bay
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
HomeNewsArchivesBIR Reminds Taxpayers of Process to Obtain Employer Identification Numbers

BIR Reminds Taxpayers of Process to Obtain Employer Identification Numbers

The Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue, is informing taxpayers of the procedures for obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN), which is used for new businesses, banking purposes, political committees and non-profit organizations, among other things. Form SS-4, which is the application for the EIN must be used to obtain the number, according to a press release from Director Claudette Watson-Anderson.

This form is available at all of the bureau’s offices or from the Internal Revenue Service Web site, www.irs.gov. Taxpayers can apply for the EIN via the Web site directly. For those taxpayers who do not have access to the Internet, Form SS-4 can be obtained by the bureau and, once completed, can be processed by the bureau. Taxpayers with questions concerning the Form SS-4 should contact Marcella Somersall, federal disclosure officer, at 715-1040, ext. 2240.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Keeping our community informed is our top priority.
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.

Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.